Reports that Information and Culture Minister Lai Mohammed requested the well known unscripted TV drama, Big Brother Naija (BBN) yanked off the wireless transmissions are false, sources said on Friday. The unscripted TV drama, which entered its fifth season on July 20, stays one of the most watched programs on satellite TV in Nigeria.
The report had asserted that the minister told the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to close down the show,for dread that it could help in spreading COVID-19 in light of the nearby collaborating among members.
An authority of the service who wouldn’t like to be named disclosed to The Nation yesterday that the program would not be running at this point if genuinely any such mandate had been given.
“That the programme is still running shows that there is no iota of truth in the report,” the source said.